At a Glance
St. Luke Parish School is a private, Catholic preschool through 8th grade school located in River Forest. The school is registered with, and has received formal recognition from, the Illinois State School Board of Education, and has been designated a “National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence” by the United States Department of Education.
Standardized test results, including ACT Aspire, consistently place St. Luke School students within the highest quartile (top 25%), both nationally and locally.
Our well-educated faculty consists of 29 teachers and 9 support staff. Over half of our teachers have earned a Master’s Degree.
- Three- and four-year-old half day preschool
- Full day three- and four-year-old preschool
- Full day kindergarten
- Grades one through eight
- St. Luke attracts students from River Forest, Forest Park, Elmwood Park, Melrose Park, Oak Park, Chicago and other local communities. Currently, we enroll over 300 students from approximately 240 families.
- St. Luke follows the Archdiocesan curriculum, which is aligned with State of Illinois learning standards.
- St. Luke also offers complete music, art, physical education, computers and Spanish programs.
- For students with special gifts and needs, a rigorous curriculum and support staff allows the teachers the ability to differentiate the educational material to meet the learning needs of their students.
Faith, Service, and Sacraments
- Along with our designated Director of Faith Formation and classroom teachers, school children plan and participate in school liturgies, prayer services, and service projects.
- St. Luke faith traditions include the All Saint’s Day Mass, Christmas Play, Advent Prayer Services, Catholic Schools’ Week Family Mass, Living Stations of the Cross, and May Crowning.
- Teachers work with the Parish to prepare students for Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation.
- Learning Resource Center
- Middle School Science Lab
- STEM Classroom
- Computer Lab
- Art & Music Rooms
- Full Gymnasium with Stage
- Dedicated Mac computer lab
- iPad One-to-One Program (Grade 3)
- One-to-One Chrome Book Program (Grades 4-8)
- Learning Resource Center computer stations
- Mobile laptop computer and iPad carts for classroom use
- Stationary classroom computers with wireless internet access
- Smartboards and Elmo document cameras
- Math Club
- Speech Team
- Art Club
- Student Council
- Academic Competitions
- Reading Olympics
- Choir, Band, Guitar, and Piano
No-Cut Athletic Program for Grades 4-8
- Boys and girls cross country
- Boys and girls soccer
- Boys and girls track and field
- Boys and girls basketball
- Boys and girls volleyball